Like fantasy sports? Listen to our deep decarbonization draft.
In this episode, Shayle and Stephen choose their rosters of nine technologies to decarbonize the global economy. The goal: find the best resource mix to keep global temperatures below 2 degrees Celsius.
After they battle it out, listeners decide who has the best team of technologies. Vote here.
This podcast is supported by Wunder Capital, the easiest way to invest in large-scale solar energy projects across the U.S. With Wunder, you can help finance renewable energy projects while earning up to 7.5 percent annually. Get started here to diversify your portfolio and support American solar projects.
Here are the rules:
- The draft has nine rounds. The “team” resulting from each person’s picks will need to stand on its own.
- Each pick must be a unique technology. For example, “energy efficiency” is not a pick, but “LED lighting” is.
- Technologies with major subsets must be picked separately. For example, rooftop solar and centralized solar are two different picks.
- The existing technology mix will stand. (We don’t need to pick “transmission & distribution” in order to have electricity.)
- The time horizon will be through 2050.
- The winner will be chosen by listeners.
Once you’ve listened to the episode, vote in the Twitter poll below or access our GTM poll. We’ll tally the results for a future episode.
Get in the game: tell us your roster in the comments below.
Source: FS – GreenTech Media
The Deep Decarbonization Draft: Fantasy Sports for Energy Nerds