If storage is the Swiss Army Knife of the electric grid, then U.S. energy regulators are breaking out their tool belts.
Last week brought a historic ruling at FERC. Commissioners told regional grid operators to create rules valuing the grid services of energy storage. Will it screw natural gas peakers – or maybe cut, saw, file, prune, hook, or crimp them?
Later in the podcast, an infrastructure redux. The White House’s infrastructure plan is out. When it comes to energy, the Trump Administration is making pipelines a priority, and largely bypassing clean energy.
We’re heading down to Mexico for our final segment. GTM was there for our solar summit last week, and we’ll share a bit of insight into the forces behind one of the hottest — and cheapest — solar markets in the world.
This podcast is brought to you by CPower Energy Management. Find out more about CPower’s demand-side energy management solutions.
- GTM: FERC Allows Energy Storage to Play in Nationwide Wholesale Markets
- FERC: Final Rule on Electric Storage Participation in Regional Markets
- GTM: The Trump Infrastructure Plan Is ‘a Big Nothing Burger’ for Clean Energy
- WaPo: Trump’s Infrastructure Plan Would Make It Harder to Challenge Pipelines
- GTM: Mexico’s Solar Market Is Booming, but Still Has Key Hurdles to Clear
Source: FS – GreenTech Media
FERC’s Historic Energy Storage Ruling: A Doomsday Countdown for Natural Gas Peakers?